Hey PlayStation Nation! Everyone here at Capcom is proud to let our fans know that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is now available on PS4! With 30 fan-favorite characters, a variety of single-player and multiplayer modes, and gameplay allowing you to flex your creativity, the next chapter of our action-packed series is finally here.
- Story — you’ll be put at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade — recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission — do various tutorial missions, or try your hand at advanced character-specific challenges and combos.
- Training — set up a training area with various parameters and hone your skills to improve your fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 — go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU — play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection — the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork, and character/stage audio tracks.
- Ranked Match — battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match — battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League — a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby — search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings — view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings — configure replay settings and view replays.
Also, we have some exclusive content just for PlayStation 4 players! By picking up Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite on PlayStation 4, you’ll be able to get the exclusive Major Carol Danvers costume to fly into the battle with, just as series newcomer Captain Marvel did in her past. When accomplished Air Force pilot Carol Danvers was caught in the explosion of an alien device, she was imbued with superhuman powers. As an Avenger, she used her gifts to protect the planet. Now she is a member of the resistance, joining in the fight against Ultron Sigma — the ultimate threat in this newly-formed universe.
Captain Marvel’s moveset focuses on her super strength and energy projection powers. Due to her fighting prowess in the air, you’ll want to pair her with characters who have good ground control or trap options. With 29 other characters and more to come, we can’t wait to see who you pick as her teammate!
In addition to the plethora of available teams, you’ll also make your choice of which of the six Infinity Stones you’d like to harness in battle: Power, Time, Space, Reality, Mind, or Soul. Each Stone comes with its own unique powers which can alter the battle entirely. It’s up to you to discover which Stone works best for your team and your specific playstyle.
The Standard Edition of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is available both physically and digitally for $59.99. The Deluxe Edition is available for $89.99 and includes the main game, along with six DLC characters releasing in 2017, including Sigma and Black Panther.
The epic clash has begun. Join the battle now!